- The HIV and AIDS crisis is worse than ever among Gay and Bisexual men with 1 in 5 being infected with HIV or AIDS in 2010. With over 270,000 gay men having died of AIDS and over a half million gay men currently infected with HIV or AIDS the toll of the gay lifestyle is devastating.
- Marriage represents a commitment to sexual exclusivity and fidelity. Gay marriage is not comparable to Heterosexual marriage because in over 50% of Gay relationships the partners agree, going into the relationship, to NOT be sexually monogamous.
(All sources are from impartial Govt. agencies like the C.D.C. and N.I.M.H.)
H.I.V. and AIDS Among Homosexual and Bisexual Men
Dr. Kevin Fenton, M.D., is the director of Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
National Center for HIV/AIDS. He made the following statements in 2010 about HIV and AIDS, that it “exacts
a devastating toll on men who have sex with men.” “HIV remains a serious health threat among gay and bisexual men.” “HIV remains
a crisis that is far from over in this community.”
Syphilis, Hepatitis B, and Anal Cancer
Among Homosexual and Bisexual Men
It is not just with HIV and AIDS that gay and bisexual men have catastrophic risk factors.
This high percentage risk also applies to other diseases:
- “In 2006, 64% of the reported primary and secondary syphilis cases were among men who have sex with men (MSM).”
Syphilis MSM Fact Sheet
- “Approximately 15%–25% of all new Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infections in the United States are among MSM”
Hepatitis, Populations, MSM
- “Men who have sex with men are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. Men who are HIV-positive are even more likely than those who are uninfected to develop anal cancer.”
MSM Health and STDs
Gay Monogamy and Open Relationships
When Gay couples talk about monogamy, they are not talking about sexual monogamy.
Excerpts from the actual 2010 released study funded by the Govt. (NIMH):
Primary partners are an important and unrecognized source of
Almost all gay couples have sexual agreements with their
primary partner, and roughly 50% of these agreements are open
and allow sex with outside partners.